Sunday 22 January 2012

Jordan/West Bank border

Crossing the Jordan/West Bank border via the King Hussein Bridge is truly an experience that you wish you will never live again. It seems logical to think the border is under Jordanians and Palestinians control; however for “security reasons” the Israeli do control that border. So I went through the Israeli security check and the first think that caught the agent eyes is my first name “Hayat”. “What is this name Hayat?” he did say. As soon as I heard that I knew that it will be a long process for me to be allowed in Palestine.

So after 4 and ½ hours wait (and long discussions with some fellow Palestinians/Americans who apparently were used to these long wait), and after many questions about my motives for my visit (and what is my father first name, where am I going to stay, how come I came to Israel alone, would I visit the west bank, Do I know some people in Israel…) an Israeli agent asked me some more questions and then she told me to wait a little while and said “hope you’ll enjoy Israel”. I have noticed the people put aside like me where all of Arabic or Muslim background.

No comments:

Post a Comment